Graduate Programs in Global Communications
With rapid digitization and globalization, media, cultures, and societies are transforming before our eyes. Technology has made distance nearly irrelevant, the Internet a revolution. Everyone from national governments to NGOs, businesses to individuals, is confronting the swiftly changing terrain.
To explore this exciting landscape—including economic changes and intercultural challenges—we offer a master’s program in the growing field of global communications with the option of three specialized tracks:
- Master of Arts in Global Communications
- Master of Arts in Global Communications, Development Communications Track
- Master of Arts in Global Communications, Fashion Track
- Master of Arts in Global Communications, Visual and Material Culture Track
A cutting-edge education
All students of the Master of Arts in Global Communications (MAGC) are immersed in an engaged atmosphere of small, interactive classes. Collaboration with peers and professors occurs inside and out of the classroom.
The MAGC program is:
- Comprehensive. A balance between theory and practice offers the deep theoretical knowledge and hands-on training for a competitive advantage. Critical media research skills plus practical courses in branding, advertising, journalism, public relations, and more are taught by top professionals in the field.
- Flexible. Interests can evolve as you learn and discover. Our program remains flexible and allows you to adapt your course of study. In addition to the MAGC, you can specialize in one of three tracks: fashion, visual and material culture, or development communications. You conduct individual research and projects and can choose between an internship or thesis as your culminating project.
- Intimate. Collaboration with fellow students and access and ongoing dialogue with professors inside and out of class are hallmarks of the MAGC program. Because of the small, interactive classes, ours becomes a community. Engaged faculty learn your specific interests and help you make the most of your time here for your personal and career goals.
- Cosmopolitan. What better place to study global communications than in Paris, one of the world’s great cities? The multicultural and multilingual environment of Paris and AUP enriches your entire academic and social experience. A practicum course in NGO communications is offered in Morocco and study of sustainable development in India complements the classroom experience.
- Challenging. The Global Communications programs push you to achieve your potential, whether intellectual, professional, or personal. You’ll be put in new environments, have your assumptions challenged, your boundaries stretched, and build the strong skill-set needed for a global career in communications.
The future awaits
We attract lively students ready to go beyond their cultural boundaries and embark on multicultural and international careers. If this sounds like you, please feel free to explore our courses and meet our accomplished faculty. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to request more information or get in touch with graduate admissions. We look forward to hearing from you.