In our increasingly interconnected and interdependent world, everything from borders and political alignments to markets and product lines are in a state of constant change. To manage the crises and take advantage of the opportunities this change creates, businesses, governments, and NGOs need culturally savvy problem solvers, communicators, and innovators. In other words, they need AUP students.
The Graduate School of Global Studies
The Graduate School of Global Studies at The American University of Paris is an international platform for students to gain intellectual and professional skills, enabling them to open new professional opportunities; to advance to a higher degree; to discover a vocation; or to change fields and enable a career-transition. Through a suite of carefully designed degrees taught by leading faculty, students develop pluralist and progressive perspectives on contemporary global problems from climate-change to conflict resolution; from crises in the Middle-East to transitional justice in Europe and Africa; from branding to the digitalization of our lives. The Graduate School of Global Studies prides itself on its unique mix of analytic methodology and practical experience, its low student-teacher ratio and its highly individualized support for students. It is home to an energetic community of scholars and students in the heart of Paris and offers wide-ranging opportunities for internships and study-trips; as well as eventual membership in its dynamic alumni network.
10 exceptional Masters degrees in 4 core fields
AUP offers 11 innovative graduate programs in 4 core fields that draw on our faculty’s expertise in business, government, history, and cultural and language studies to provide you with a hands-on, up-to-the-minute education.
- Diplomacy and International Law
- Global Communications
- International Affairs
- International Management
Within its core disciplines, the Graduate School of Global Studies offers four kinds of Master degrees:
- 38 and 40 credit Coursework Masters take 2.5 semesters, transmit essential analytic skills, and act as launch-pads for further study or a career.
- 48 credit Coursework and Research Masters take 3 semesters, develop a full range of perspectives, and act as incubators for vocation-driven careers.
- 62 credit Research Masters take 4 semesters, enabling students to acquire a twin discipline or language and build a serious research profile.
Coursework Masters (40 credits)
- Master of Arts in Global Communications
- Master of Arts in Global Communications (Development Communications track)
- Master of Arts in Global Communications (Fashion track)
- Master of Arts in Global Communications (Visual and Material Culture track)
- Master of Arts in Diplomacy and International Law
A truly global alumni network
When you graduate from AUP, you join an active community of 16,000 alumni in 142 countries around the world. Their willingness to share their knowledge and connections is matched only by their ongoing curiosity about and engagement in the world around us. If you’re interested in an international career in business, the arts, or government, AUP’s graduate programs provide an excellent foundation.