Founded in 1962, The American University of Paris (AUP) is the oldest American institution of higher learning in Europe. Our mission is to educate global citizens ready to take on the challenges of the twenty-first century. We invite you to explore our website for detailed information about all aspects of the University.
- Lloyd DeLamater founded the University in 1962 in the 7th arrondissement of Paris
- AUP is an urban institution. Its campus is composed of ten buildings centrally located in the seventh arrondissement of Paris, on the Left Bank, near the Eiffel Tower and the Seine.
Language of instruction
- English is the primary language of instruction. Select courses as well as language courses are taught in French and other languages.
- 67 Full-time professors
- 62 Part-time professors
- 69% of full-time faculty members hold a terminal degree from the world's most distinguished graduate schools
- AUP faculty members represent 30 nationalities; 69% speak three or more languages
- 12 students per full-time faculty member
- 1173 students— 1001 undergraduate and 172 graduate
- Students currently represent 108 nationalities and over 65 distinct languages
- The American University of Paris is fully-accredited in the United States by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.