Study Abroad Admissions
Whether you’re already working toward your degree at another institution or looking for a unique program to launch your studies, spending a semester or a year at The American University of Paris is an exceptional way to enhance your experiences.
We are fully-accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools so the courses you take with us will easily transfer back to your home institution. And as a member of the AUP community, you’ll carry a lifetime of knowledge, memories, and friendships with you wherever you go in life.
Take full advantage of the living laboratory that is Paris and the unique courses offered, but also be sure that the classes you take will transfer back to your home university. We recommend the follow steps:
- Visit the study abroad office at your home institution. They will be able to give you advice about what classes you can and should take. Verify with them that they will accept credits taken at AUP.
- List the classes that interest you and take it, along with their description available in our course catalog, to your academic advisor and/or study abroad office. This is usually enough for your home institution to verify if a particular class would apply towards your major. In some cases, they may request a detailed syllabus.
- For syllabi requests from your home institution, contact your AUP admissions counselor with the list of classes exactly as they are titled in the course catalog. ex. INTRO TO ART THROUGH PARIS MUSEUMS (AH1003). You should receive the syllabi within a week.
- If you are visiting AUP in the fall or spring semesters, come with a list of eight pre-approved classes – in order of preference – so that you are sure to get into enough classes to keep full-time status. This will avoid the stress of having to contact your home institution advisor for last-minute course approvals.
How to apply
Because AUP actively seeks students from around the world and academic calendars vary from country to country, AUP accepts applications year round for both fall and spring admission. We have a simple and straightforward application process.
If it’s possible for you to visit AUP before or after you apply, we would love to have you. We offer campus tours and information sessions on Mondays and Fridays throughout the academic year. Sign up for a tour today.
If you aren't able to visit Paris in person, join us from home through our Online Open House or participate in one of our Online Information Sessions (OIS). The online sessions are presented by an International Admissions Counselor and are followed by Q&A. The full OIS calendar for 2016 will be published at the beginning of the year.
- VIS - 20 January 2016 at 8.00pm EST - Sign up now
- VIS - 17 February 2016 at 8.00pm EST - Sign up now
- VIS - 8 March 2016 at 8.00pm EST - Sign up now
- VIS - 12 May 2016 at 8.00pm EST - Sign up now
- VIS - 1 June 2016 at 8.00pm EST - Sign up now
If you have any additional questions, feel free to request additional information. If you've already been in touch with your AUP study abroad counselor, don’t hesitate to contact them directly. Your counselor will get back to you as soon as possible.