The Office of the Registrar is happy to help you plan how to complete the required steps to transfer out.

Most schools in the US use the Common Application for transfer students, and in cases where this is not the case, they will probably have a similar process.

Here are the key parts of the process:


The Transfer College Report

  1. Fill out the online form at
  2. Fill out the exit survey at
  3. The Student Development Helpdesk will contact you to set up an appointment with the Dean of Student Development or the Vice President for Student Services if necessary.
  4. Start this process in a timely fashion as it might take a few days to complete.

Keep in mind that transcripts do not need to accompany the Transfer College Report. It is fine for you to request transcripts here and have them sent separately from the report.

You should meet the deadline for your application, and you can and should send grades and transcripts separately to meet the deadline.


The Transfer Mid-Term Report

Students take this report to their professors for their comments, and then send it off, following the instructions from the Common Application. Neither the Office of the Registrar nor the Office of Student Development help with this. Some schools do not require the mid-term report, so please make sure to check with each school.


Tell us when you know for sure!

When you know you are leaving, please let us know at and make sure to give notice to your landlord. Once you tell us, we will notify the following offices: Residential Life, Health, Student Accounting Services.


Things to do before you go

Before you leave AUP, do not forget to close your bank account and notify your insurance company and your phone and internet providers. If you need help with these formalities, contact the Student Development Helpdesk at

And if you have any questions about any of this, please ask the Office of the Registrar.


The Common Application

The Common Application is an undergraduate college admissions online application that you may use to apply to transfer to other universities. When sending this or any other transfer application form to Student Development, please make sure to fill out the applicant portion of the form and to hand sign where the applicant signature is requested. For more about the Common Application and to get your application process started, as well as essential forms like the college report, please see: