The American University of Paris mounts the largest and most varied offering of English-language summer courses in France and in Europe. AUP’s summer programs let you sample the best of what the city and the university have to offer while you further your degree at your home institution and prepare yourself for an exciting, globally connected future. Summer programs are organized in two sessions that take place during June and July. Courses are held in 2-week, 3-week or 6-week format. Please refer to the individual course description to view the specific start and end date for each course.
- Session 1: June 6 (orientation), June 7 (classes begin)
- Session 2: July 1 (orientation, July 3 (classes begin)
In our summer programs, you’ll engage in lively discussions, in-depth language study, and intensive workshops with professors and students from around the world. Take a few weeks in June or July to forge deep ties with the city of Paris, while earning credits towards your degree and helping you prepare for an exciting, international future. Our course offerings fall under three categories:
We want you to be able to dive into all of the fascinating components of Parisian life, develop your artistic aspirations, and build up the foundation for your academic and professional future.
1. Paris: Language & Culture
Our seminars give you hands-on opportunities to explore Paris through a variety of subject areas, all while gaining French fluency through themebased seminars and café-based conversations. Find out more
2. Creative Arts
Our many creative offerings—including through our Creative Writing Institute—will allow you to enhance your skills and acquire in-depth insight into your craft. Find out more
3. Exploring Liberal Arts
Whether you’re interested in Psychology and Film or in quickly completing your General Education requirements, our classes will help you develop the skills and modes of inquiry that will allow you to shine in your future endeavors. Find out more
The Paris Summer School in Design
The Paris Summer School in Design at AUP gives students a unique chance to participate in an international teaching–led research workshop on design and performance. No prior knowledge of design is required, just a willingness to think on your feet, roll up your sleeves and design objects and services and interfaces with other students and professors. The over-arching theme for the workshop – we like challenges! – is the design of living systems for migrating populations. Find out more about the program here and learn about the application process.
- All AUP Summer Session courses are transferable for academic credit in the U.S. university system.
- Courses numbered 1000 to 2099 are generally introductory courses designed for freshmen and sophomores (first and second year undergraduates). Courses numbered 3000 and above are principally for juniors and seniors (third and fourth year undergraduates).
- Enrollment may require proof of successful completion of prerequisite courses. Please see each course description.
- Tuition for course credit is charged at the University’s standard 850 euros/credit.
- Auditing 3-week courses or French Immersion only costs 1,400 euros.
- Housing can be requested through the University. Shared rooms and single rooms are available. All accommodation is central with access to Paris’ extensive public transport network.