The American University of Paris mounts the largest and most varied offering of English-language summer courses in France and in Europe.
AUP’s summer programs let you sample the best of what the city and the university have to offer while you further your degree at your home institution and prepare yourself for an exciting, globally connected future.
6-week summer session
June 8 - July 21
Our intensive 6-week summer curriculum features Paris as its classroom, and embodies AUP life in its most concentrated form. You will encounter students and faculty from many nationalities, controversial ideas, and lively discussions. Picture yourself debating current events with your professor in a Parisian sidewalk café. See our exciting course offerings.
3-week summer sessions
June 8-25, July 1-23
Imagine spending three weeks thoroughly consumed by your passion, be it creative writing or contemporary politics, with Paris as the backdrop. The social and cultural attractions of the City of Light and AUP’s small, yet global classrooms will take your learning experience to the next level. AUP’s three-week summer courses—each a single, intensive, four-credit class—give you a unique opportunity to focus on a single subject in a singular city. Explore our short Paris-based and theme-based courses.
French Immersion sessions
June 8-26, July 1- 23
Immerse yourself in the French language while reveling in Parisian culture. Twice each summer, AUP offers carefully crafted, three-week, intensive French programs. Taught by native-speaking professors in small classes of five to ten students, the program offers an excellent opportunity to refine your pronunciation, build your vocabulary, and improve your grasp of French grammar, all the while immersing yourself in French culture. Learn more about our French Immersion program.
Contact an admissions counselor to find out more about AUP’s latest summer offerings.
- All AUP Summer Session courses are transferable for academic credit in the U.S. university system.
- Courses numbered 1000 to 2099 are generally introductory courses designed for freshmen and sophomores (first and second year undergraduates). Courses numbered 3000 and above are principally for juniors and seniors (third and fourth year undergraduates).
- Enrollment may require proof of successful completion of prerequisite courses. Please see each course description.
- Tuition for course credit is charged at the University’s standard 830 euros/credit.
- Auditing 3-week courses or French Immersion only costs 1,300 euros.
- Housing can be requested through the University. Shared rooms and single rooms are available. All accommodation is central with access to Paris’ extensive public transport network.