Students have the opportunity to enroll as part-time students at The American University of Paris. But please note: registering as a part-time student at AUP is not sufficient to obtain a Titre de Séjour once in France. You must also register part-time at another institution in order to reach a full-time student status. Only full-time student status will allow you to start a Titre de Séjour application in France.

If you would like to take courses as a part-time student and stay more than 90 days in France, you must contact your local French Consulate to apply for a long-term student visa VLS-TS ("visa long séjour-étudiant").

Please note: Any question related to part-time status and its requirements must be discussed beforehand with your local French Consulate, and with the Director of Summer and Part-time Programs at AUP before you finalize your decision. The SIS office does not provide assistance to part-time students.